“Fall in love with taking care of yourself. Mind. Body. Soul.”
When I think of February, I think of love. With Valentine’s Day, we see it everywhere. Whether you have a significant other or not, I think this is the perfect time to focus more on self-love.
We are all busy, pouring ourselves into our careers, parenting, basically others. Which is okay, it’s actually necessary most of the time. But do you know what is going to make you better at your career, taking care of your family, etc.? Taking care of you as well. You can only put yourself last for so long before it starts to catch up to you. So lets take February to celebrate you, self-love.
How do you guys re-charge or show yourself love?
Here are some things that you can start doing this week, to show yourself love. Happy Valentine’s Day to you!
- Start accepting and loving yourself exactly how you are! No more negative self-talk.
- Give yourself some grace. Life is busy, it’s hard, and we can’t be perfect all the time. As long as you are trying your best, give yourself some grace and forgiveness when things don’t go exactly as planned.
- Love your body. Show it appreciation for what it does for you by putting the best foods in it, exercising, and resting when needed.
- Just say No! I once heard that every time we say “Yes” to something, we are actually saying “No” to something else. In a world of doing and pleasing, think it through before you jump the gun and tell someone “Yes”. By doing so what are you actually saying “No” too? Which is more important?
- Do something for you each week. Carve out some time where you do something you will totally enjoy….read for an hour, take a bubble bath, browse a magazine, grab your favorite coffee drink out.
- Stop comparing yourself to others. This can be hard with social media, or maybe it’s a colleague at work, or someone at the gym. Everyone is different and better at certain things, so stop comparing yourself to others, especially if it’s getting you down. Instead look at what you are doing and how you are getting better – today I lifted 10lbs heavier on my back squat than I did last month! Instead of, ugh Becky back squatted 20lbs more than me. Focus on you and your progress.
So if you aren’t already, show yourself some love! It will make you happier, less-stressed, and a better friend, colleague, or parent.